ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedule patient appointments via phone or fax in a timely, efficient and courteous manner and maximizes the patients’ appointments by scheduling multiple services on the same day if possible and appropriate
- Responsible for accurate and current demographic information
- Working knowledge of Medical Necessity protocols for scheduled tests and procedures and notifies physician office of any tests that do not meet necessity guidelines
- Working knowledge of payor pre-cert and referral guidelines for scheduled tests and notifies physician office or patient at time of scheduling
- Refer all private pay patients immediately to the Scheduling Services Manager or the Director of Pre-Arrival Services
- Maintain a working knowledge of current department scheduling guidelines and testing protocols such as preps and patient instructions to ensure accurate appointment scheduling
- Completes ancillary department requests for block times, time openings, order assistance and scheduling questions in a timely manner
- Serves as liaison with patients and other departments
- Communicates timely with the Benefit team for all same-day/next-day add on appointments
- Responsible for maintaining performance standards that ensure the department is operating at peak proficiency and that established goals are consistently being met.
- Work is performed under tight deadlines.
- Maintain effective communication with patients, physicians, medical office staff and the CHS facilities and departments.
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of government rules, regulations.
- Ability to work with technology necessary to complete job effectively. This includes, but is not limited to, SCI, phone technology, PULSE/DAR products, insurance verification / eligibility tools, patient liability estimation tools, and scanning technology.
- Ability to perform all other duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate or equivalent
Minimum one (1) year scheduling experience in a medical facility, ambulatory surgery facility, or acute-care hospital
Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10 and medical terminology
Excellent interpersonal skills required to communicate with direct staff and internal/external customers
Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills
Demonstrated critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and decision-making skills.
This is a Safety Sensitive Position.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: a634fa58-4daf-457c-a3e5-1fcd56f38df0