Registered Nurse (RN) - Infection Control Practitioner FT
The Infection Preventionist is responsible for the monitoring of health care associated infections and instituting effective control measures where appropriate; developing prevention and educational strategies for all hospital personnel; monitoring staff and environment for compliance with infection control policies and procedures; monitoring the compliance of personnel regarding local, state, federal rules, and regulations for the prevention of infections in the hospital. Responsible for support in the planning, development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the hospital wide infection control program. Collaborates with and acts as a consultant for the department managers and staff. Advises, implements and evaluates measures necessary to prevent the spread of infections within the hospital and community. The infection Preventionist participates in development of policies and procedures governing control of infections and communicable diseases, emergency management disaster events, and coordinates with the Employee Health Nurse regarding infection control issues.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum of five years experience as a Registered Nurse with a strong clinical background preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in areas of patient care practices, microbiology, asepsis, disinfection/sterilization, adult education, infectious diseases, communication, program administration and epidemiology.
- Registered Nurse Lic in New Mexico
- Certification in Infection Control preferred
- Complete basic infection control course within the first year of entering the position.