Recruiter - Clinical Staffing
Community Health Systems ("CHSPSC, LLC") is one of the leading operators of general acute care hospitals. The organization's affiliates own, operate, or lease more than 85 hospitals in 16 states, with an aggregate of approximately 15,000 licensed beds. Affiliated hospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents and contribute to the economic development of their communities. Based on the unique needs of each community served, these hospitals offer a wide range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services in inpatient and outpatient settings
Community Health Systems is seeking a Healthcare Recruiter for our talented team focused on high-priority clinical and hospital-based positions. If you are an energetic recruiter and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills then come and join one of the largest healthcare providers in the county.
What you’ll do:
Under the direction of the Director, Clinical Talent Acquisition, the Recruiter is responsible for facilitating the full-cycle recruitment process. Including but not limited to the development and implementation of sourcing strategies, reviewing resumes, and screening candidates prior to scheduling interviews. Significant focus will be placed on pipeline development and improving recruitment metrics.
Here’s a brief example of some of the work our Healthcare Recruiter will do day-to-day:
- Conducts intake sessions with hiring managers to gain a thorough understanding and define each open position, set expectations and ensure alignment regarding key steps in the hiring process.
- In conjunction with the Sourcing team, develops and implements recruitment plans for assigned departments and/or key jobs.
- Guide candidates through the recruitment, screening, interviewing, and hiring processes.
- Work alongside Human Resources and Clinical leadership in the development and facilitation of recruitment and staffing strategies.
- Source potential candidates through various sourcing channels; not limited to online, local/community, and national campaigns/tools
- Develop and maintain consistent pipeline activity for Clinical positions assigned. Provide customer focused service and serve as the recruitment subject matter expert to leadership; providing best practice methodology, process improvement, and support.
- Network to source talent and deliver creative, consultative, search-based hiring approach for internal and external hires. Re-recruit staff and develop referral networks.
- Prepares applicants for interviews with specific hiring managers by providing detailed information regarding the job via job descriptions, department structure, and the role within. Articulates the employment value proposition.
- Manages the qualification, interview, and selection process. Recommends top candidates for hiring manager interviews. Participates in post interview debrief/feedback with interview teams to ensure selection of the best candidate.
- In conjunction with Sourcing team, utilizes technology tools to facilitate recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding processes. Ensures that information is entered, maintained, current, and accurate in the Applicant Tracking and Candidate Relationship System including but not limited to: job posting content, candidate tracking, anecdotal information and other required data.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of recruiting.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and recruiting experience preferred.
- Success in partnering with managers on recruitment plans.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel: executives, management, and staff.
- Experience with an ATS system and preferably a CRM system.
- Experience utilizing social media and other recruitment tools
- Knowledge of HR programs and practices including benefits, compensation, applicant tracking systems, employee referrals, job postings, employment law, relocation, and background screens.
- Self-management skills are needed and must be able to handle a heavy workload.
Healthcare and/or nurse recruitment is preferred. Additional years of directly related recruitment experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience with and knowledge of sourcing effectiveness, screening, interviewing, selection, and candidate assessment techniques.
- Demonstrated successful experience directly soliciting passive candidates via the phone or have related inside sales experience.
- Driven to achieve and outperform, continuously looking for improvements, and accepts responsibility for actions and results.
- Demonstrated success working independently, developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships, and managing multiple tasks that meet or exceed deadlines with minimal direction.
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand customers and anticipate their needs and prioritize customer satisfaction.
- Ability to identify and assess challenges using critical thinking, data collection methods, analysis, experience and judgement to identify and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- High level of proficiency using Google Suite, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Applicant Tracking Systems/databases.