OR Nurse Manager - FT
MountainView Regional Medical Center, a 168-bed facility located in Las Cruces, N.M., is accredited by the Joint Commission (formerly JCAHO). The facility includes fully staffed 24-hour emergency care, a specialized Heart Center, Women's Center, Comprehensive Intensive Care Services and an All-Digital Imaging Department, plus Inpatient and Outpatient Surgical Services, Emergency Services, Inpatient Rehabilitation, Wound Care Center/Hyperbarics, Diagnostic and Imaging Services, Pain Management Center and an ADA Certified Diabetes Program.
The OR Nurse Manager:
- Is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who delivers care to the patient through utilization of the nursing process, which include but is not limited to assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation.
- Coordinates the care of the patient, as an advocate, through collaboration with all patient service departments and utilizes the interdisciplinary input to delegate and implement the appropriate plan of care during the intraoperative phase.
- Provides quality patient care in accordance with MVRMC policies and procedures and established patient care standards and practice.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current Licensure in professional nursing from the New Mexico State Board of Nursing.
- Desirable characteristics include at least two (2) years of experience as a circulating nurse in either an acute care facility or ambulatory surgery facility.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Current professional nursing license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification
- Preferred: AORN membership