MVHC-08 Manager Clinic(salary) 90201 --FT
Works in collaboration with Physician Practice Administrator and management colleagues to efficiently and cost-effectively manage the day-to-day operations of physician practices, and manages needed resources to increase the contributions of the practice.
1. Maintains a collaborative work environment, and resolves staff and physician issues related to operations of assigned physician practice in a timely manner
2. Develops and implements systems to achieve delivery of efficient, cost-effective, and quality care to patients.
3. Provides staff with training, development, guidance, and the resources necessary for optimal achievement of assigned tasks, including but not limited to Athena System, physician, and customer satisfaction.
4. Ensures that turnover is minimized according to LCPS standards, and implements methods to increase retention of physicians, employees and other staff.
5. In coordination with Human Resources, conducts interviews, and disciplinary actions needed to maintain desired levels of workforce and performance.
6. Pursues opportunities for cost-effective purchase of supplies and services, and verifies physician practice expenses.
7. Collaborates with the practice managers to develop operational and financial reports for each physician and practice, to meet corporate reporting requirements.
8. Conducts financial analysis to determine operational changes necessary to improve financial performance of physician practice.
9. Reviews financial and operational performance of assigned clinics on a monthly basis, or as needed, with the Administrator and practice managers.
10. Addresses and resolves all customer complaints and issues that office staff is unable to handle.
11. Completes annual performance evaluations for each manager directly supervised. Conducts interim evaluations as needed for 90 day appraisals, or other appraisals deemed necessary to ensure optimal employee performance.
12. Participates in weekly clinic operations meetings, monthly Provider Advisory Group meetings, quarterly Employed Provider meetings, and others as needed.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration, public health or related field required.
Preferred: Master’s degree in health administration, public health, business, nursing or related field.