Director of Cardiology Services- FT
The Director of Cardiology Services is responsible for the direction, management and administration of the Units. Maintains adherence to hospital policies, procedures and regulations. Participates in an interdisciplinary and inter-facility approach to achieving the mission, philosophy and goals of Mountain View Regional Medical Center (MVRMC).
- Monitors adherence and quality improvement to current standards of practice.
- Develops and coordinates the financial management for departments of direct responsibility.
- Directs department activities through supervisory personnel.
Establishes and maintains active involvement with appropriate medical staff departments and community groups to meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Demonstrates well-defined organizational and time management skills.
- Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information acquired regarding person, financial, medical or employment of patients, families, and employees of MVRMC.
- Applies concepts of customer relations and advocacy.
- Promotes positive relationships.
- Follows and enforces accepted safety practices for patients and MVRMC by observing safety guidelines and safe work practices.
- Participates in safety instructional programs.
- Reports hazards and initiates appropriate action.
Three to Five years clinical nursing experience. Must show potential ability for management of a Unit. Demonstrates skills in communication, conflict resolution and human relations. Exhibits a team approach. Knowledgeable of fiscal, general healthcare issues, trends, quality management and legal aspects of nursing practice and standards. Knowledge and understanding of the entire aging process. Possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public. Able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given. Requires good interpersonal skills and good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to function effectively in fast-paced environment with multiple demands/deadlines. Position requires some overtime and ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously. Emotional maturity and ability to function effectively under stress. Able to read, write, follow instructions and document care given in English. Ability to plan and organize.
- Graduate of an approved or accredited school of nursing
- BSN required, MSN preffered
- Must have CPR and ACLS Certification
- Current New Mexico State Registered Nurse Licensed required