COO MountainView Regional Medical Center- Las Cruces, NM
MountainView Regional Medical Center is your community healthcare provider. We are a 168-bed facility, accredited by The Joint Commission, that provides a broad range of healthcare services, including inpatient and outpatient care, diagnostic imaging and emergency, medical and surgical care. From spine surgery, minimally invasive and robotic surgery and open-heart surgery to access to preventive and primary care through our integrated delivery system, we strive to offer quality medical care to our friends and neighbors in Las Cruces, Dona Ana County and throughout Southern New Mexico. As an accredited Chest Pain Center, an accredited Joint Replacement Center, an accredited Stroke Center and an accredited Bariatric Surgery Center, we are committed to offering nationally recognized care.
We believe in the power of people to create an exceptional healthcare experience. With more than 1200 employees and nearly 250 physicians on staff representing over 50 medical specialties, we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
The responsibilities of the COO include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing day to day operations of all departments in the hospital with the exception of Nursing.
- Coordinating facility and program planning budget preparation, administering hospital policy formulation
- Representing the hospital at various professional, civic and governmental organizations and meetings.
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital; taking a role in the recruiting and retention of physicians
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure the hospital meets necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Nursing Officer
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer to create an environment that will encourage the recruiting and retention of qualified hospital employees
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Assisting in planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Assisting in managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's financial and nursing officers
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
This position reports directly to the CEO and in the absence of the CEO, the COO may be required to interpret hospital policy and provide guidance.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited institution
- Master of Healthcare Administration or MBA with Healthcare emphasis required.
- Minimum 4 years recent hospital experience managing multiple departments in acute care facility.
- Experience in physician relations or recruitment required.
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Must have proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, hospital staff and community
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters
- Must have knowledge of technical and professional skills management, general principles of human resource management, labor relations and hospital economics