Clinical Staffing - Sourcing Specialist
Community Health Systems ("CHSPSC, LLC") is one of the leading operators of general acute care hospitals. The organization's affiliates own, operate, or lease more than 85 hospitals in 16 states, with an aggregate of approximately 15,000 licensed beds. Affiliated hospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents and contribute to the economic development of their communities. Based on the unique needs of each community served, these hospitals offer a wide range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services in inpatient and outpatient settings
Community Health Systems is seeking a Sourcing Specialist for our talented team focused on high-priority clinical and hospital-based positions. If you are an energetic sourcing specialist or recruiter and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills then come and join one of the largest healthcare providers in the county.
What you’ll do:
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for sourcing candidates to build talent pipelines for the recruitment and placement of clinical and key hospital staff. The Specialist position requires a strong focus on outbound sourcing, building talent pipelines, screening, and assessing talent.
Here’s a brief example of some of the work our Sourcing Specialist will do day-to-day:
- Works closely with the Healthcare Recruiter to understand staffing needs and develop a proactive, innovative sourcing/recruitment strategy to attract and recruit top talent.
- Executes recruitment sourcing strategies to ensure a constant flow of high quality leads/candidates into key pipelines and requisitions
- Performs advanced sourcing through various mediums including internal and external database mining, networking, associations, universities, community agencies, social media, referrals, Boolean search strings, online and traditional directories as well as other innovative sourcing methods.
- Conducts cold calls to passive candidates to present opportunities for critical, difficult, and visible positions.
- Makes recommendation to Recruiter and hiring manager(s) on the submission of qualified candidates.
- Continually evaluates sourcing strategies. Stays well-informed on current and emerging technologies to proactively identify new tools for identifying qualified talent.
- Enters and maintains accurate information in the Applicant Tracking System including but not limited to: job posting content, applicant tracking and response, and other required data.
- Communicates status of searches with the Talent Acquisition Team on a consistent and timely basis.
- Manages timely responses to applicants including but not limited to: receipt of application, application status, and specific information reconciling applicant qualifications relative to job requirements.
- Develops and maintains a network and database of potential candidates for future consideration, including pipeline of passive candidates.
Education and Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and sourcing/recruiting experience preferred.
- Success in partnering with managers on recruitment plans.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel: executives, management, and staff.
- Experience with an ATS system and preferably a CRM system.
- Experience utilizing social media and other recruitment tools
- Knowledge of HR programs and practices including benefits, compensation, applicant tracking systems, employee referrals, job postings, employment law, relocation, and background screens.
- Self-management skills are needed and must be able to handle a heavy workload.
Healthcare and/or nurse recruitment is preferred. Additional years of directly related recruitment experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience with and knowledge of sourcing effectiveness, screening, interviewing, selection, and candidate assessment techniques.
- Intermediate or advanced level experience with using electronic media, social networking, internet research, candidate mining, and professional organizations to source candidates and build talent pipelines.
- Demonstrated successful experience directly soliciting passive candidates via the phone or have related inside sales experience.
- Driven to achieve and outperform, continuously looking for improvements, and accepts responsibility for actions and results.
- Demonstrated success working independently, developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships, and managing multiple tasks that meet or exceed deadlines with minimal direction.
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand customers and anticipate their needs and prioritize customer satisfaction.
- Ability to identify and assess challenges using critical thinking, data collection methods, analysis, experience and judgement to identify and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Applicant Tracking Systems/databases.