The Administrator of Physician Practices will provide overall direction and professional business management
to the physician practice offices. The Administrator will be responsible for the administration, direction and
coordination of all activities including non-clinical workflow processes and clinical oversight. This includes but
is not limited to managing the details of revenues/expenditures within budgeted plans, developing strategies
for growth, ensuring positive interactions with third parties (payers, outside agencies, patients, etc.) leading
staff and managing personnel issues, completing timely reports, and maintaining high standards of quality and
compliance. The Administrator communicates with the hospital Chief Executive Officer (CEO), corporate
leaders/partners, and other senior management leaders regarding all clinic information (financial and non-
financial), employee issues, physician issues, marketing, new business ideas etc. The Administrator will
comply with the mandates of required accrediting and regulatory agencies and communicate pertinent
information to the members of senior management (both local and corporate).
Scope: Position scope is the top tier of management for Physician Practices with greater than 60 providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides directions, reviews, evaluates; and ensures accountability for the performance of all physician
practice operations; ensures all operational activities including capital/non-labor are within budget.
2. Directly involved with the local/corporate leadership team in the creation of strategic goal
development/initiatives for physician practice operations; ensures goals are communicated to clinic
teams; and develops/maintains an accountability plan to ensure goal achievement.
3. Directly supervises Sr. Directors and/or Directors. Indirectly supervises all physician office staff in
assigned practices, both clinical and non-clinical (Receptionists, LPNs, RNs CMAs, etc.); and Providers
(Physicians, NPs, PAs).
4. Responsible for the staffing levels of all clinic operations to include labor budget and productivity
5. Coordinates with appropriate resources the procedures for administration in support of accounts
payable, liability insurance requirements and like functions within physician practices as required.
6. Works with local/corporate leadership on strategic and operational plans for each physician practice,
supplying appropriate statistics as deemed appropriate for project strategies.
7. Works with local/corporate leadership to develop physician practice operations budget; communicates
budget goals; and holds team accountable to ensure all operational activities are within defined
budget. Actively participates in MORs.
8. Assists with policy and procedure definition, implementation, updating and distribution.
9. Responsible for working with local/corporate leadership on physician recruitment, physician salary
resets, quarterly bonuses, and compensation plans; responsible for the coordination and oversight of
all provider contracts.
10. Represents physician practices to a variety of community and professional organizations. Identifies
new business, community outreach and educational opportunities, works with others on the team for
development and implementation.
11. Participates in the recruitment and retention of physician practice medical staff and personnel to
support practice growth and service line. Collaborates with facility/network management on related
12. Responsible for directing and ensuring a smooth transition for physician practice start-up activities as
planned in conjunction with the CEO, Sr. Administrator and/or Regional Administrator, and all other
parties involved (corporate support partners such as PPSI, AMR, legal, compliance, HR, etc.)
13. Assures protection and privacy of health information as attained through written, verbal or electronic
14. Responsible for listening to customer service complaints, investigates, and follows-up to ensure
satisfaction of customers, elevating to next level if needed.
15. Helps develop "Employee Satisfaction” and “Provider Satisfaction” performance improvement plans
for offices, recruiting suggestions and keeping leadership informed and active in the process of
improvement; as such, promotes a culture of excellence for employees, providers, patients, families,
16. Ensures all physician practice offices are in compliance with all environment of care standards (expired
meds, refrigerator logs, drug wastage logs, etc.).
17. Completes rounding on a regular basis to all offices.
18. Ensures billing process is implemented and adhered to as appropriate.
19. Ensures cash controls are in place (as per CHS policy) and are effective.
20. Responsible for all other duties as assigned by leadership.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, or a closely related field.
MGMA Membership and/or ACMPE Certification, strongly preferred.