6903-015 Patient Accounts Rep I - FT (REPLACEMENT)
Patient Account representative acts as a liaison between the hospital, patient’s and/or patient’s family, insurance companies and physician’s offices. Their primary function is to follow up with the assigned insurance’s regarding the account from initial billing, rebilling and correcting as required, to insurance payment that is promptly. At such time, rep is to review account for patient responsibility, contractual and/or discount arrangements. Also, responsible for review and correction of remittance advises, explanation of benefit from insurance companies or any other correspondence assigned. Responsible for completing projects in a timely and efficient manner at supervisor’s request.Experience
- Customer service experience in a medical office setting - Preferred.
• Prior experience in medical office billing and collections - Preferred.
• Demonstrates effective organizational and time-management skills
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates basic computer skills
• Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology
• Demonstrates current knowledge of payor procedures and requirements
• Ability to accurately interpret EOB for practice and patients
• Ability to problem-solve and multi-task in the work environment