6902-024 MV Ortho Certified Medical Assistant/Casting-FT
|Required: High School Diploma or GED|
• Required: Current Medical Assistant Certification, Registered Medical Assistant Certification or LPN license
Responsible for application and removal of casts including complex casting and orthopedic splints and devices. The position has a significant amount of patient contact and is typically involved in the team assessment of patient needs and fitting/finishing services of patients that may fall in all age groups neonatal to geriatrics. This position requires a fundamental knowledge of technical work with orthopedic bracing and casting related activities.
Positions allocated to this level are responsible for application, modification, repair and fitting of a wide variety of casts, splints and braces. Casting activities include application of upper and lower extremity casts from simple to complex using a variety of materials; arrange, assemble and adjust traction equipment; apply and adjust braces and splints; and remove sutures and staples. The Casting Technician will also assist in stocking and ordering of supplies. .
• Preferred Prior experience in physician office setting
• Preferred Experience assisting with in-office procedures and injections
• Knowledge of orthopedic devices and their usage, fracture casting techniques.
• Ability to demonstrate effective organizational and time-management skills
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates knowledge of basic computer skills
• Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding.
• Demonstrates knowledge of basic procedures for taking vitals, and obtaining medical information.
• Ability to problem-solve and multi-task in the work environment