1191-079 Patient Sitter - FT
Works under the supervision and guidance of a staff nurse to provide observation of patients. Assists with helping a nursing employee when entering a patient's room. Exercises all duties consistent with the needs of all patients/customers. Observes a patient or close observation of several patients. Respects all aspects of confidentiality with behavioral health patients. Observes room for safe environment for behavioral health patient(s), visitors and staff members. Observes patient for any behavior that could indicate potential problems for patient or staff and alerts nursing staff immediately. High School Graduate or equivalent. Completion of Patient Sitter training. Successful completion of 2 days orientation period.
- The purpose of the Patient Care Sitter is to maintain a safe environment for the patient and others.
- To support the organization’s fall prevention, suicide and restraint/seclusion patient safety initiatives.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Desired characteristics include at least two (2) years of experience in a hospital or medically related environment
- Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- A sitter may be a nurse, an aide, a student, agency personnel or a non-patient care staff member.
Required: Current BLS (Basic Life Support) - Due by close on the last day of the month after one full month of work.