1182-003 Physical Therapist - FT
The primary purpose of the Physical Therapist is to:
1. Plan, administer, and coordinate physical therapy evaluations and treatments to patients of various age groups in order to maximize their potential physical functioning under the direction of a physician.
2. Contribute to the development of Physical Therapy policies, set standards, and revise procedures as needed.
3. Work closely with family members to assure achievement of goals and continuity of care.
4. Provide documentation of patient evaluations, progress, reassessments and modification of goals and treatments as needed.
5. Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants (PTA), PT and PTA students.
6. Participate within a team-centered approach toward patient care.Education:
Required: Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program.
• May be a new graduate.
• Desirable skills include affiliation or work experience in Acute and Outpatient settings, proficiency in written and verbal communication, proficiency with computerized documentation, and the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with patients and colleagues.
Required: Current license or eligible for license in the State of New Mexico.
Required: Current BLS (Basic Life Support)