1171-001 Manager Respiratory Therapy-FT
Under the supervision of the Laboratory &/or Cardiopulmonary/Respiratory Medical Director and Chief Operating Officer, the Respiratory Therapy Director is responsible for providing comprehensive Cardiopulmonary care services in accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures
• Required: Associates Degree
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree required (in the areas of Respiratory Care, Management, or Education - also Preferred).
• Required: Three (3) to Five (5) years acute clinical respiratory care/therapy experience.
• Preferred: Two (2) years or supervisory/leadership experience.
• Demonstrates ability to assist in the management of a Unit.
• Demonstrates knowledge and ability in fiscal, general healthcare issues, trends, quality management and legal aspects of respiratory therapy practice and standards.
• Knowledgeable of and understands the entire aging process.
• Possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public.
• Able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
• Requires good interpersonal skills and good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to function effectively in fast-paced environment with multiple demands/deadlines.
• Position requires some overtime and ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
• Possess emotional maturity and ability to function effectively under stress.
• Able to read, write, follow instructions and document care given in English.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate.
- Required: Current New Mexico License for Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Required: Current BLS (Basic Life Support) - Due by close of business on the last day of the month after one (1) full month of work.
- Required: Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) - Due by close of business on the last day of the month after three (3) full months of work.
- Required: Current PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) - Due by close of business on the last day of the month after three (3) full months of work.
- Required: Current NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) - Due by close of business on the last day of the month after three (3) full months of work.