1038-007 Cardiac Monitor Tech - FT
The Monitor Technician functions under the direction of the professional nurse. The monitor technician is responsible for cardiac monitor observation and reporting of cardiac rhythm changes to the nursing staff for further investigation when indicated. The Monitor technician will demonstrate knowledge appropriate to the age of the patients served. Demonstration of knowledge will include principles of growth and development and interpretation of information and data to identify the patient’s age-specific needs. Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein.
- High School Graduate or GED certificate
Experience / Abilities:
- Must posses communication, writing skill, Physical/emotion stamina
- EMT equivalent acute care, clinical experience preferred
Certifications / Licenses:
- Required: Current BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Preferred: Monitor Technician Certification.