1021-002 Lactation Consultant - FT
• A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who delivers care to the patient through utilization of the nursing process, which include but is not limited to assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation.
• Provides quality patient care in accordance with MVRMC policies and procedures and established patient care standards and practice.
• The job description and criteria based job performance evaluation emphasizes the criteria expected in the performance of the Lactation Consultant.
• The Consultant is responsible for the functions of lactation educational opportunities.
• The Lactation Consultant works closely with the Maternal/Child Staff members.
• The Maternal/Child Educator works closely with the medical staff, as well as other professional staff, ancillary department members, visitors and families.
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing (RN)
Required: • Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must a representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served
• At least one (1) year of experience in a hospital or medically related environment.
• Current licensure in professional nursing from the New Mexico State Board of Nursing or compact RN license
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required - Due by close of business on the last day of the month after one (1) full month of work.
• Current NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) required - Due by end of business on the last day of the month after three (3) full month of employment
• Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)