1011-103 Med Surg Licensed Practical Nurse -FT
• A clinically competent, practical nurse that delivers care to the patient through application of skills and techniques common to the practice of vocational/practical nursing
• The Licensed Practical Nurse functions under the supervision of a Physician/Practitioner and performs assigned tasks related to patient care
• Provides clinical support to medical providers to provide optimal care, and make patient visits efficient, including preparing for patient visits, assisting providers during visit, and assisting with procedures and respond to patient needs. Responsible for completing projects in a timely and efficient manner at supervisor’s request.
Required: Graduate of an accredited School for Licensed Vocational/Practical Nursing
• At least one (1) year of experience in a hospital or medically related environment - Preferred
• Able to demonstrate knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served
• Current licensure in professional nursing from the New Mexico State Board of Nursing or compact LPN license
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required - Due by close of business on the last day of the month after one (1) full month of work.